Old January 23rd 09, 07:10 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default How widespread is usage of "Mind the Gap"?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:56:04 GMT someone who may be "Bob Harris"
wrote this:-

e.g. at Woking. They will have a routine announcement such as "Weekend
travel information from South West Trains..." which goes on at length
detailing what buses etc. you will need at the weekend. However, if a train
comes in before it has finished (quite frequently at Woking) it will cut
that off and come straight in with "Platform 4 for the xx:xx....".

If they would do the same thing with television sets displaying
so-called security messages, engineering information and, very
occasionally, where the next train is going to that would be great.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh