Old January 23rd 09, 05:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default How widespread is usage of "Mind the Gap"?

In message , Roland Perry
writes

I presume the track has been canted over in recent times, to facilitate
fast through-running.

Going into London on SWT this morning, I noticed "mind the gap"
announcements at every station after Putney. I suspect this results from
switching over the fast and slow lines a few years back - the platforms
on the old up slow line have all been visibly raised at some time in the
past, but those on the new slow line (old up fast) have not, leaving
quite a gap.

At most stations it was a standard "mind the gap between the train and
the platform", but at Queens Road Battersea it was subtly different:
"mind the step down from the train to the platform".
--
Paul Terry