Old January 23rd 09, 07:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
naked_draughtsman[_2_] naked_draughtsman[_2_] is offline

Default How widespread is usage of "Mind the Gap"?

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 01:26:12 -0800, THC wrote:

My wife wants to know whether "Mind the Gap" as used on London
Underground is used on railways, metros outside London (I'm pretty
certain that announcements are made on Platform 17 at Clapham Junction -
the phrase is certainly picked out in white paint as you step off the
train) but for the life of me I can't think of any examples of seeing it
written or hearing it on PA systems elsewhere in the UK. I'd be grateful
for any examples, o wise ones!

THC

The automated announcements on class 175s always used to say "When
leaving the train, please mind the gap between the train and the platform
edge" at all stations. I'm not sure if they still do.

peter