Old January 24th 09, 08:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default St Pancras (Thameslink) step free to Kings Cross?

On Jan 24, 7:29*am, Bearded wrote:
Sorry to bother you busy folk

I'm travelling from Woolwich Arsenal to KX on Monday morning, [1100 to
Newcastle].

Because I have difficulty walking (stick, won't bore you with the
tedious and painful history) and will have overnight bag, laptop etc,
prefer step free.

At London Bridge, I can easily change from the through service [to
Charing X or Cannon St] to FCC northbound.

But where / how do I emerge from the new T/link platforms at St P?

Rummaged through all the usual websites - can find all LU i/change
info, but not St P domestic

All info / pointers etc grat rec

The Thameslink platforms are underground at the north of the St
Pancras station complex, underneath EMT's trains. They have step-free
access to ground level through lifts, and lead out into the station's
northern concourse. This runs from west to east, with exits onto
Midland Road and Pancras Road.

To get to Kings Cross station, you take the Pancras Road exit and
follow the dotted yellow line on this map:
http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...?iCmsPageId=77

(alternatively you could get the DLR to Bank and change onto the
Northern Line for KX - the connection between the DLR and Northern
platforms doesn't involve much walking, and the exit at KX is all
escalator rather than step based. This might be worth doing as TL is
fairly slow, fairly infrequent and fairly often delayed).

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org