Old January 24th 09, 09:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default How widespread is usage of "Mind the Gap"?

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:52:01 -0600, naked_draughtsman
wrote:

The automated announcements on class 175s always used to say "When
leaving the train, please mind the gap between the train and the platform
edge" at all stations. I'm not sure if they still do.

The 175s now have an odd new setup, including a slightly
Eastern-European-sounding "tune" before some announcements. They also
don't seem to include the request stops in the list of stations,
getting away with it by saying "the following principal stations".

Surprisingly, the announcements are not even in part in Welsh.

Desiros mention to mind the gap, as I recall. They also *have* a
large gap in the announcement itself if there is a long list of
stations for some reason.

Neil

--
Neil Williams