Old January 25th 09, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Boris Island feasibility study published

In message
, MIG
writes

The article said near Southend and Sheerness.

Unless there are rival proposals, I think the confusion arises from the
press latching on to the idea of "Thames Estuary". The plan I've seen is
way east of Essex, in what many people would regard as the North Sea:

http://www.teaco.co.uk/siteplan.pdf

It also mentioned tunnels to Kent and Essex. You'd have to tunnel a
long way to reach Essex from Herne Bay.

The proposed tunnel on the plan above seems to be lightly longer than
the Channel Tunnel !
--
Paul Terry