Old January 25th 09, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Boris Island feasibility study published

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Paul Terry wrote:

In message , Tom Anderson
writes

Based on what the article says about Southend and Sheerness being the
closest towns, i'd guess that the islands would be built on either side of
the Medway channel, at about 45-50 minutes east of the meridian.

Unless there are rival proposals, I think you may be far too far east.

West, you mean.

See:

http://www.teaco.co.uk/siteplan.pdf

That plan puts the airport nearest to Herne Bay and Whitstable; the
article explicitly says Southend and Sheerness. The article could be
wrong, but i suspect this is a different plan. Particularly since the
article says Boris claims the plan is feasible, and even he could see that
that one's bonkers - the amount of tunnel involved would be immense.

tom

--
In the long run, we are all dead. -- John Maynard Keynes