Old January 26th 09, 12:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Boris Island feasibility study published

On 25 Jan, 22:09, Tom Barry wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

http://www.teaco.co.uk/siteplan.pdf

That plan puts the airport nearest to Herne Bay and Whitstable; the
article explicitly says Southend and Sheerness. The article could be
wrong, but i suspect this is a different plan. Particularly since the
article says Boris claims the plan is feasible, and even he could see
that that one's bonkers - the amount of tunnel involved would be immense.

Looking around the place, that PDF is about as near to a genesis of the
project as you can find - Marinair have been around a while and tried to
get noticed in 2002, but were rejected. *They seem to have found ready
ears among Conservatives, though, which probably explains it. *Remember,
the level of technical knowledge and experience in the Boris camp is
near-zero. *Bags of zeal and gung-ho
with-a-bit-of-courage-we-can-do-anything stuff, but seriously short on clue.

Nicely put! It's this rousing good-old inventive British spirit stuff
that he loves. In his mind I suspect this is how he thinks he'll
govern Britain from Number 10.