Old January 26th 09, 02:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default "can I see your ticket please sir?"

Offramp wrote:

There are also the WAGs - the Wide-Antidisestablishment Gates - which
are for people with luggage or prams or wheelchairs or acromegalics or
daleks. Sometimes these are used by humans who are not so encumbered.
Why? Have they got something to hide?

I use them a bit, partially because when I have a side bag it's easier to
get through than twist through the regular gates, but also because the
Oyster readers on the WAGs are custom built-in to the gate and I find them
more consistently reliable than the readers added to the regular ones, where
on a number of occasions I, or the person in front of me, can't get through
on the first touch.