Old January 26th 09, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

In message , at 10:21:16 on
Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Mike remarked:
I, and I suspect many others will call the powers that be that thought
up this ridiculous plan a bunch of arseholes. If anything they should
have been providing more escalators or a high capacity rapid lift in
this area rather than moving it outside.

This old staircase *would* be outside, when they demolish the current
roof over the "temporary" concourse.

When those without the funds to travel 1st class on NXEC often have to
walk down the platforms from just outside Peterborough, the long walk
to a platform on the underground often leaves them hot sweaty and
completely knackered. Making it more complicated and adding a trip
into the open air is proof that passengers are just an inconvenience.

As I said earlier, the walk is considerably less than Midland Mainline
passengers have been enduring since the refurbishment of St Pancras
began - for a couple of years the only way to the tube was a long walk
outside in the rain; now it's a slightly longer walk, albeit indoors.

Maybe they could also move the KX taxi ranks to 83 yards down the road
from London Victoria?

Haven't they already moved the taxi rank to the road in between KX and
StP? Again, difficult to get to without being rained upon.