Old January 26th 09, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default "can I see your ticket please sir?"

"Mizter T" wrote in message

[wide gates]

I've used them now and again, simply because... well, because they're
there! At LO stations with a small (and newly installed) gatelines
it's sometimes the case that there is just two 'normal' gates, for in
and out, so the WAG gates are definitely there for the use of
unencumbered passengers...

I used a new 'wide gate' at Southampton Central the other day because two
idiots with mountain bikes were jammed in the only two gates (of 5) set
'inwards' towards platform 1 in the evening peak. You couldn't make it up...

However, back OT, as they are apparently the same 'CTS' gates as LU use, the
timing of the wide gates does seem very long, it would be very easy to
'tailgate' your way through, if it wasn't for close staff supervision.

Paul S