Old January 26th 09, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

In message , at 21:32:26 on
Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Paul Scott remarked:
There are some drawings here that help with the relative layouts:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/ct...oncapacity.pdf

Figure 12 is the one that I've been working with earlier today. The
entrance "under the greenhouse" outside the SW corner of the KX listed
frontage is the one marked "Kings Cross Mainline ECML".

I reckon the shed runs parallel to the long passageway between the old
ticket office and the northern one.

Sounds good to me, with the SW corner of the main train shed immediately
adjacent to the 'NE' side of that 5-sided purple 'junction' at the left of
the stairs.

A few boxes overlaid on that drawing would have been useful, I reckon the
entrance to the St Pancras cross passage must be just above the word 'after'
in the title...

I've done a composite, as best I can quickly, which shows it's not
completely to scale: http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg