Old January 26th 09, 11:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 21:32:26 on Mon, 26
Jan 2009, Paul Scott remarked:
There are some drawings here that help with the relative layouts:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/rail/pi/ct...oncapacity.pdf

Figure 12 is the one that I've been working with earlier today. The
entrance "under the greenhouse" outside the SW corner of the KX listed
frontage is the one marked "Kings Cross Mainline ECML".

I reckon the shed runs parallel to the long passageway between the old
ticket office and the northern one.

Sounds good to me, with the SW corner of the main train shed
immediately adjacent to the 'NE' side of that 5-sided purple 'junction'
at the left of the stairs.

A few boxes overlaid on that drawing would have been useful, I reckon
the entrance to the St Pancras cross passage must be just above the
word 'after' in the title...

I've done a composite, as best I can quickly, which shows it's not completely
to scale: http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg

Oh, that's rather good.

It matches up well with the back-of-the-envelope workings-out i did a
while ago about the location of the old Thameslink station relative to the
eastern end of the Victoria line platforms; we wondered if they were close
enough for the station building to be a useful second exit - my workings
and your overlay agree that they are.

tom

--
The term Nihilartikel for a fictitious entry originated at the German
Wikipedia but was later identified as a hoax. -- Wikipedia