Old January 27th 09, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

In article , (Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
18:34:23 on Mon, 26 Jan 2009,
remarked:
They are currently widening the circulating area inside the "old
building" by moving all the buffers about half a carriage-length
north, and eventually covering the resulting footprint with a
pedestrianised area. This will give a "corridor" from the platform
ends westwards to the new National Rail ticket concourse.

ITYF that those extensions affect platforms 5-8 only. Platforms 1-4 are
not being shortened.

One of the plans linked to yesterday showed that - I have to admit
being a little surprised. It's one of the reasons people arriving
on those low-numbered platforms are encouraged to exit to the
plaza, because the route to the new western concourse is too
constricted (and conflicted with people heading towards trains).

I hope that tptb at the station start announcing the departure of
trains a little earlier, as the "frantic last minute rush" is going
to be from much further away; I wonder if they'll yell at people,
over the tannoy, who go airside speculatively, and clog up the area
in front of the buffers, like they yell at people who go onto the
platforms today "too early".

Hope away! It all looks pretty daft to me.

--
Colin Rosenstiel