Old January 27th 09, 01:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Fulham Broadway to Chalfont & Latimer

On 27 Jan, 14:18, Paul Terry wrote:

In message
,
Mizter T writes

I will endeavour to find out where the cycle parking is at Marylebone
and report back

Platform 3, and available only to season-ticket holders, according to:
http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/st...ne/facilities/

(I guess that's behind the gateline, but it's not stated)

Thanks - I'm not doing a very impressive job of utilising the tools at
hand to find the required information at the moment!

That fits with my vague recollection that the cycle racks they are
indeed behind the gateline, also there's not a lot of spare space on
the public side of the concourse outside the gateline. And I've just
seen Adrian's reply, in which he confirms they are situated behind the
gateline.

The webpage specifically says:
"Storage of cycles is only available for rail season ticket holders."

Which is perhaps a little ambiguous, because there aren't any rail-
only season tickets available for journeys on Chiltern from/to
stations shared with the Metropolitan line (i.e. Chalfont and
Latimer), only Travelcard seasons. The intention however is fairly
clear - they are for the use of Chiltern passengers.

That said, I don't think there would be any real problem were one to
occasionally pass through the gateline to *fetch* one's bike, though
if someone was to do this routinely the staff might take umbrage with
it (though if one had a season Travelcard one would still be holding
an appropriate season ticket).