Old January 27th 09, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
congokid congokid is offline

Default Fulham Broadway to Chalfont & Latimer

In article
,
Mizter T writes

I've some vague notion that I was prompted to put the Kryptonite cable
on because of the theft of a 'quick-release' seat, but I can't

I have a quick release on the seat post and always take my Brooks saddle
and the post with me, unless it's a very quick stop and I can see the
bike through the shop window.

I'd also certainly think twice before routinely locking my bike up *on
the street* outside a station (as opposed to using the stations own
cycle racks) and then leaving it there for the whole day

At one of the stations I passed en route yesterday, I noticed dozens of
bikes chained to the fence round the car park and thought it was a shame
there was no decent bike parking (if there was I couldn't see it - or
the provider may have priced it out of use).

the return leg on Sunday afternoon was as crushed as during peak time
and had all the ambience of a refugee camp on wheels.

When was this?

Early October last was when I had the bike, but it's been like that at
other times as well. The main problem is they don't put on enough
carriages, in either direction.

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...