Old January 28th 09, 07:35 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Totem station names.

On 28 Jan, 20:25, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Jim Brittin wrote:

Just for the record the Metropolitan diamond device was also in use on
the Northern City Line [which once was once part of the Metropolitan
system] and a green version on the East London Line. *These were still
in use in the 50's.

What was the removed logo above the roundel at East Finchley?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...a/East_Finchle...

LNER - this is in connection with the abandoned Northern Heights
extension of the Northern line over LNER lines. I must admit I can't
remember whether any LNER trains would have actually served East
Finchley should the project have been completed.

You can see photos of this in the LT Museum photographic collection,
which is searchable online he
http://www.ltmcollection.org/photos/index.html

The resultant URLs are somewhat epic in length so I haven't posted any
direct links here. One can link directly to the image itself, but then
you're lacking the surrounding explanatory text.