Old January 29th 09, 11:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Stratford International opening date?

On 29 Jan, 11:55, Paul Terry wrote:

In message
,
writes

Any date fixed yet, does anyone know?

I imagine it will be 13th December, which is the day that SouthEastern's
high speed service is due to start.

I agree. A more intriguing question is when are Eurostar trains going
to begin stopping there? There has been some speculation in the past
that Stratford Int'l might never actually see any Eurostar trains stop
there, and passengers would be herded onto the Southeastern high-speed
trains to get to either Ebbsfleet or St. Pancras. I've pondered this
in the past, but am now of the attitude that they surely will stop
there in the future - it's just a question of when. I'm guessing the
answer lies in good part as to when the surrounding area will look
rather less like a building site.