Old January 30th 09, 07:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default LU redundancies

Mizter T gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Paul, I'm tempted to ask all sorts of questions that I rather suspect
you can't really address, at least not on a public forum - so I'll ask
this one instead. What is the thinking behind these cuts - is it in
expectation of lower passenger numbers and hence lower revenue courtesy
of the recession, or is it part of a (or should I say the) wider
cost-cutting exercise across TfL - and if so has this budget- crunch
been brought on by Crossrail or are the factors at work rather wider
than that?

I have to admit to being baffled as to the logic behind the cuts, too.