Old January 31st 09, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John @ home John @ home is offline

Default Fares and ticket suggestions needed, Stanstead airport to Oxford& Didcot parkway with break in London

On Jan 31, 9:06*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:
You don't give us enough information.

Agreed.

My starting point would be Off-peak (Saver) Returns Stansted - Didcot (now
valid for outward break of journey,

Off-peak Return (SVR) Stansted Moutfitchet - Didcot is a little
cheaper than Stansted Airport - Didcot (£39.80 instead of £43.90
without a Railcard). This is valid via Stansted Airport and valid for
break of journey on both outward and return legs. If I were taking
this journey, I would book online and pick up the tickets from a
convenient FastTicket machine. NXEA seem to believe that they have a
captive market at the airport, and have increased fares to/from there
to the point that they have created anomalies with those from adjacent
stations.

From both Stansteds, the Monday - Friday restrictions on this SVR
ticket a
OUTWARD AND RETURN TRAVEL
Morning Peak.
By any train scheduled to arrive at London Terminals at or after
1000.
Evening Peak.
Not valid on any train departing London Terminals between 1629 and
1834 inclusive (1900 for departures from London Kings Cross).
There are some exceptions which don't seem to apply to this journey.

Are any Advance tickets available?

No.

In addition, GroupSave is available for this journey (http://
www.daysoutguide.co.uk/group-save.aspx) allowing 3-4 adults to travel
for the price of 2 and children for £1 each. The party must travel
together for all legs of the journey.

John