Old January 31st 09, 11:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Clive Page[_2_] Clive Page[_2_] is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

In message
, Mr
Thant writes
Surely it's easier to do a cross platform change to a westbound
District to get the Piccadilly cross-platform at Baron's Court or
Hammersmith?

Probably, but not all trains go that way do they?

Get a southbound Thameslink at Farringdon, and use the ramps at London
Bridge to get a northbound?

Or just go to City Thameslink, and hope both lifts are working (which
they are occasionally), or use the escalators to go up and over.

(alternatively, there are lifts from SSL to Thameslink at St P, if the
walk between them isn't too much)

There are lifts from Thameslink (but rather a stupid design, you need
two lifts to get just to the main ticket barrier level where with
sensible design one would have done). I think you then need 2 more
lifts to get to the Circle/Met/H&C lines don't you (one to the ticket
hall, one down from there)? As well as the walk of 8-10 minutes, of
course. So it feasible, but depends upon having 4 lifts all working,
the probability of which is in my experience vanishingly small. The
route via Farringdon depends upon a flight of about 4 stone steps, and
I've never yet known them to suffer a mechanical fault. :-)

Eventually, I guess, there will be a lift to the Picc line platforms,
which will make it all a lot easier.

--
Clive Page