Old January 31st 09, 02:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default King's Cross entrance to Underground to close

In message
, at
06:55:26 on Sat, 31 Jan 2009, lonelytraveller
remarked:
[1] Albeit the entrance to the new lift is presumably going to be
"airside", which may not be the case for this old lift you talk about.

It depends which ticket hall you are thinking of. The new lift is
airside of the "tube ticket hall", but the old northern line lifts are
not. However, the old lifts are definitely airside from the point of
view of the "northern ticket hall".

I didn't know these old lifts existed until they were mentioned earlier
today. Can you describe where they are on my plan (percentage X and Y
co-ords if necessary):

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite.jpg

I've added a red/white circle where I assume the new lift is going, and
a red/purple circle at the only place the Northern Ticket Hall's airside
concourse is at subsurface level.

http://www.perry.co.uk/images/kx-composite-b.jpg