Old January 31st 09, 09:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Rapid Exit from Heathrow Suggestions please

"Mizter T" wrote in message
[original thread at uk.railway]
[x-posted to uk.transport.london]

On 30 Jan, 20:32, John Chapman wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

On 30 Jan, 20:00, John Chapman wrote:

Next Wednesday morning my daughter is flying back to the UK to
attend a funeral.
Her flight from Thailand is due to land at Heathrow at 0600 hrs.
She needs to get to Cobham & Stoke D'abernon station as near to 0900
as
possible.
Cobham is served by trains from Waterloo.
I am searching for the fastest route at that time in the morning.
My experience suggests Heathrow Express to Paddington then tube to
Waterloo
then train to Cobham.
She will be cutting it rather fine

Does anyone have please a better suggestion for that journey
at that time of the morning ?

All suggestions gratefully received with thanks in advance.

That's a really round the houses route. I'd suggest cutting out
central London altogether, and I'd be tempted to just get a cab
straight there from Heathrow - it's a very direct route via the M25,
and she would hopefully avoid the worst of the traffic. A pre-booked
minicab would be cheapest.

I know that the M25 route is pretty fast to Cobham but at that time of
day
is it not blocked with traffic ?

It is the busiest stretch I think, though the stretch between the M4
and M3 has been widened.

In my experience the M25 congestion is mainly towards Heathrow in the
mornings and away from Heathrow in the evenings. So starting from Heathrow
in the morning peak should be OK.
--
Richard J.