Old February 1st 09, 01:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Euston Station

On 1 Feb, 13:20, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
There is a stated aspiration for HS1 to reach Heathrow, which can only be
via HS2 (surely), so there is already a case made (and understood by DfT),
for the two to connect. And I find it really hard to visualize trains from
Heathrow going to Euston OR St Pancras OR Stratford for Europe.

The suggested service patterns in the Heathrow hub scheme a
- The North -- Heathrow Hub -- Euston
- The North -- Heathrow Hub -- Stratford -- Europe
- St Pancras -- Europe

In other words, there are no Heathrow/HS2-St Pancras services, and no
international services at Euston.

(also, I'd expect most if not all HS2-HS1 services to start at
Heathrow, with passengers from the north expected to change)