Old February 1st 09, 04:50 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Euston Station

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:12:55 -0800 (PST), lonelytraveller
wrote:

I don't know why they bother wasting the money; they're planning to
build an ugly monstrosity that's nearly identical to the horrific
inhumanity that's there now.

ITYM very effective station. It's warm, bright, spacious and
accessible (OK, the platforms aren't, but it isn't designed for you to
wait on them, except for the commuter services). A fine station by
all accounts, and one that so long as it is structurally sound could
carry on as it is for another 20 years.

The one thing I'd change is to add a barriered walkway either up the
middle or up both sides, marked for people not to stand there, so
people can reach the platforms from the outside world without
crowd-dodging.

Neil

--
Neil Williams