Old February 1st 09, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default "can I see your ticket please sir?"

Mizter T wrote:
... I dunno about the official rules but they
also seem to be used sometimes by adults with a small accompanying
child in tow, the latter of course travels for free if they are under
11.

The ordinary gates will only let one person through at a time, so
children without their own ticket *must* use the wide / manual gates
or they get squished.

I've never seen a dog get squished in the gates though, despite having
twice as many legs as most children, which I think is proof that dogs
are more intelligent than children.

Owain