Old February 1st 09, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Jelf Ian Jelf is offline

Default LUL Ticket Office Staffing levels

In message . 145, David
Jackman writes
Ian Jelf wrote in
:

But I guess it beats having them closed completely, which was the
original plan.

I agree with you (although unstaffed stations are unpopular with the
public at large, I can tell you, from a safety/security point of
view). *That* point was being made on Tyneside in 1980!

The plan wasn't unmanned stations, it was to reduce ticket office opening
hours and close some entirely.

Okay, I see what you mean . If - as was the root of my problem - you
can't *find* a member of staff, though, that effectively renders the
place unmanned, even if it isn't. If you see what I mean! :-)

You will find a number of central area stations (e.g. Temple, Mansion
House, Aldgate) where the ticket office is closed at weekends and some
others (e.g. Moorgate) where the weekend hours are very restricted indeed
(11.00-15.30 on Saturday, closed Sunday).

They are all in or close to The City, though, in areas that are very
quiet.

Baker Street is a very different affair, I would say. Whatever the
day.
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK