Old February 2nd 09, 12:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

Stuart wrote:
Matthew Dickinson wrote:
All TfL bus services have been suspended due to the snow.

I can't remember this happening in the 70s and 80s when we had the
same levels of snowfall, so I wonder what has changed...

BBC News have just been interviewing a BBC employee who's walking home
from the West End. There are loads of people stranded in Central
London and having to walk home. He was 3 miles into a 5 mile walk.

Why can't they run buses, I got home from central london late tonight
by private cab and the main routes were no problem at all.

What time? Cricklewood Broadway was covered in snow at 11pm - the salt
seemed to have drained away.