Old February 2nd 09, 10:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LUL Ticket Office Staffing levels

In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

[1] It amazed me, though it shouldn't, at how many people were
buying tickets which they could easily have bought from machines.
That said, I can tell you that London's ticket machines and system
baffle a lot of outsiders. This I suppose is why Baker Street
*did* have staff next to the machines, helping people find out what
they wanted to buy, when the Ticket Office was closed..

I keep having to go to ticket offices for Oyster top-ups because it's the
only way to get a receipt for the right amount if I don't have the exact
change. Why can't machines allow you to top up a precise amount by card or
by giving change?

--
Colin Rosenstiel