Old February 2nd 09, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

In article ,
(Ian Jelf) wrote:

In message
,
Mizter T writes

On 2 Feb, 09:34, Neil Williams wrote:

On 2 Feb, 09:22, "Batman55" wrote:

According to Howard Collins, COO of London Transport, buses were
taken off last night on the advice of the Met. Police (interview
on LBC news)

I don't know what conditions were like last night, so this may or may
not be justified. *It isn't justified that there is no service in
central London this morning.

Things were starting to get messy last night. Lots of sirens
presumably because of lots of smashes on the roads - I saw one.
Conditions in central London should not be taken as being indicative
of those elsewhere.

Travel West Midlands (not normally an organisation capable of
giving advice to London) are running this morning, at least on the
main roads and certainly with delays. Of course, I'm up here
today and not in London so can't fully compare conditions.
However, there's more snow here than we've had for a long time.

A blanket removal of buses seems unjustified to my (largely
untrained) mind. London needs to be able to get around.

I think you'll find that there's rather more snow in London and the South
East than in Brum. In particular, the third rail network seems to be in
big trouble.

--
Colin Rosenstiel