Old December 12th 03, 10:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default Black cabs

In message , Andrew P Smith
writes
In article , Mike Hughes
writes

Personally if I see a blind person I always give them preference over
other potential passengers, and will often waive the fare.

Remind me to bring my mate Matthew to Brighton with me next week. A
free trip home to High Wycombe in your taxi will be so much nicer for
us than waiting for the train and having to pay for a ticket.......
:-))))))

LOL

Have a look again at my posting. I said that I will *often* waive the
fare. That doesn't mean *always*. It all depends on the circumstances
[1] - and the final destination! [2]

[1] There are cases where blind persons get their taxi fares paid for
them and they would not therefore be out of pocket.

[2] I can't afford to do along ride for free - but I would give serious
consideration to giving them a discount on the normal fare.

Mike

--
Mike Hughes
A *licensed* Brighton (and soon to be London) Taxi driver