Old December 12th 03, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Harry Barman Harry Barman is offline

Default Oystercards at shared LU/NR stations

I've read on here that some shared Tube/National rail stations will be
issuing Oystercards soon. Have they started doing this yet? My
nearest is Richmond - does this sell them yet? Also, will they be a
tfl issued ticket or a South West trains one? I ask, because there is
a differnce in price (5% discount on a SWT annual).

I travel from Kew and have been trying to get *any* information I can
on this. After not getting a response from the oystercard help line, I
tried phoning TranSys (the consortium that manages oyster). The person
I talked to on the phone said that negotiations were still proceeding
for how to deploy oyster at shared stations. He said there was no
target date for even the negotiations to conclude. With an attitude
like that it could be a while before we actually see anything.

I was thinking it would at least be a decent stop gap to link the
barriers to the network so cards bought online could be charged at the
barrier. After exchanging emails with Paul Corfield I can see that
this may not be such a good idea as you'd be stuck if the barriers
were out of order and had to buy an ordinary (non-oyster) ticket.

-- Harry