Old February 2nd 09, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Barry Tom Barry is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:
BoristheSpider wrote:

How do you know the bus drivers took the decision, surely it's highly
likely that management took the decision to avoid accidents and an
appearance in court.

So basically it's the litigious society we live in. Yay for the lawyers!

Can we get a law passed that in future when there's such a risk, lawyer must
be forced to drive with all liability on them, at the risk of being
disbarred? ;-)

Are you sure it's not a condition of the insurance that it's void if you
drive when the police have advised you not to because of the weather
conditions? It's not so much civil litigation as criminal prosecution
I'd be worried about in those circumstances.

Anyway, the buses are starting to operate again, albeit on a tiny number
of routes:

"ALL ROUTES IN THE LONDON AREA: Most London Buses services are not
operating due to adverse weather conditions. Full services are operating
on 427 607 and RV1. Reduced services are operating on Routes 58 60 79 83
92 94 212 308 488."

Tom