Old February 2nd 09, 04:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default Euston Station

In article ,
(Neil Williams) wrote:

I wasn't impressed with St P, to be honest. It feels unfinished,
scruffy and poorly-designed. The trainshed is indeed impressive, but
that's all, and I don't go to stations to look at architecture, but to
catch trains.

I've not travelled to or from StP but I've nipped in and looked at it
when travelling from KX. The use of space seems very odd - people
crowded into the undercroft and down at the MML/EMT/WHY platforms but
hardly anyone in the area at the original platform level, champagne bar
notwithstanding. When I came to the end of the platforms and the giant
statue I felt like some kind of intruder in a private place. Maybe it
was just the time I was there.

Sam