Old February 2nd 09, 06:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tim Fenton Tim Fenton is offline

Default Euston Station

"John B" wrote in message
Before advocating Zaha Hadid as an architect for any project, check
out
the analysis done by a Real Firefighter (tm) on her Fire Station (in
Germany IIRC).

I'd love to. Could you supply a URL, or even some slightly more
specific
information?

I had a trawl on the web, and the first one that came up was this:

http://www.galinsky.com/buildings/vitrafire/index.htm

...which says that the building was attractive and functionally
successful, before being made obsolete by changes to the way in which
fire provision worked in the district, and now has been repurposed
into a museum. That suggests that Hadid did a pretty good job...

There were dozens more URLs I could have posted. What they would have told
us I don't know: this one had a photo of the structure. However, the
firefighter who analysed the building was not impressed - for instance,
there were sharp (acute) corners along the corridors where firefighters
would have been running to get to their appliances. And, no, I don't recall
the channel or documentary strand.

--
Tim
http://tim-fenton.fotopic.net/