Old February 2nd 09, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

TroyTempest wrote:
Zen83237 wrote:

As previously mentioned, depots are further away from their start
point making it more difficult to put out service before any
accidents happen.
The 207 bendy depot at Stockley Park, for example,is about six miles
from its start point at Hayes bypass and a full fifteen from White
City (via the A40).
And the depot is not the most bus friendly location.

Secondly, the culture of "Hello? Claims Direct,a bus slid into your
car sir? Let me provide you with a lawyer" may have influenced
managers decisions to put members of the general public at risk.

Channel 4 news tonight had a bendy driver with an uncontrollable back half
of his bus. Looked a good enough reason to me not to bother with them...

Paul S