Old February 2nd 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

Also bear in mind that nearly all the bus garages are in the suburbs.
It's not a question of central London being full of buses that can
stop short.

As previously mentioned, depots are further away from their start point
making it more difficult to put out service before any accidents happen.

Yeah, yeah.

There were two dozen (approx) bendy buses at waterloo, about 400 metres from
the houses of parliament.
They never left the depot despite having clear roads and routes that never
leave zone 1.

Incompetence? Stupidity? Forgotten about? On fire? Embarrassing?
You tell me - because I'll bet One Shiney (non-forged) Pound* that Boris
won't ever tell us.

I'll even bet One Second Shiney Genuine Pound that not one journalist
actually *asks* Boris, because there's not one journo who EVER asks
difficult transport questions anymore - and not one that challenges Boris on
ANYTHING.

If it was Ken, Andrew Gillighan would be all over him like an unmentionable
rash). And the transport journos are so far up Boris' ****, they can almost
see Gillighan's shoes. But not quite.

;o)

Andrew

*In the unlikely event that I lose a Boris Bet (I've never lost one yet!),
first to claim gets the pound (or a euro - you choose).