Old February 2nd 09, 11:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Morgan[_2_] David Morgan[_2_] is offline

Default Euston Station

"Andrew Robert Breen" wrote in message
In article ,
It's probably the best circulating area in any station I've come across,
with the probable exception of Grand Central in Washington. Shame they
both share the problem of dark platform spaces, but that doesn't make
either of the head-houses less magnificent.

Washington (Union?) is pretty impressive, but my favourite station building
in the US is 30th Street in Philly. I've not been there for about 8 years,
but at the time it was a magnificent (if a little run-down) station.

As described previously, the platforms are pretty austere - even less
inviting than B'ham NS but as the platforms are only accessible from the
concourse at the last minute you only spend a few seconds there before
boarding the train.

--
David