Old December 12th 03, 03:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
daveb daveb is offline

Default Oystercard 'price capping' not being introduced at fares revision

In message , Kat
writes
The new booklet, Fares For 2004, doesn't mention A - D either but
according to my initial information the single fare on Pre Pay (i.e..
the maximum from A - D) would be £5.50

That's fine if I take the Met line route both ways, but what about the
Chiltern line option. Will I get charged 5.50 GBP for the Amersham to
Marylebone section and then another zone 1 single fare 1.60 GBP for
Baker St to Oxford Circus? Is the software clever enough (or will it
ever be) to know that it is a continuation of a journey and not a
separate journey?
I will be passing through barriers at 4 different stations. Even after
all the threads on here over the last few weeks I still don't know for
sure how much my card will be deducted on Jan 5th. I am guessing 11 GBP
if sticking to LUL and suspect 14.40 GBP via Chiltern which will mean an
extra 3 quid a day (almost).

Also do you have any info on what the prepay fare for the above journey
is likely to be for both Saturday and Sunday combined? It seems to be a
state secret that must not be released to the public under any
circumstance. I can not find the answer from any of the Oyster handouts
or various websites fares PDF's etc.

Cheers
Dave
--