Old February 3rd 09, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

On 2 Feb, 10:43, Ian Jelf wrote:

Travel West Midlands (not normally an organisation capable of giving
advice to London) are running this morning, at least on the main roads
and certainly with delays. * Of course, I'm up here today and not in
London so can't fully compare conditions. * However, there's more snow
here than we've had for a long time.

The snow was about twice as deep in London as Milton Keynes.

Notably, though, MK Metro operated (to a fashion) on the day about 3-4
years ago when there was heavy snowfall and the Council forgot to grit
until it was too late, making all the roads (including main ones) in
MK a skating rink. That said, I was surprised they did, as the bus I
got (after an hour of waiting) was sliding around to a ridiculous
extent, and would have hit things a few times had there been a normal
number of cars out.

Neil