Old February 3rd 09, 11:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default King's Cross Station

"martyn dawe" wrote
I think there was a fear of confusing the signals folk - apparently they
could re-sign the platforms, but they'd run out of dymolabels to sort out
the signals diagrams ...
... or something equally stupid, unbelievable and Totally British Rail.

I thought British Rail Cased some years ago ?

What on earth made you think that?

They live on in all but name, all over the country, doing loopy, stupid
things and blaming others afterward; look around you

- the failure to electrify Gospel Oak to Barking (and twenty other false
economies);
- restoring Barlow's magnificent train shed - and adding a flat roofed mess
at the end
- seriously planning an electric train dragging a diesel engine from London
to Scotland, rather than, er, attach it at Edinburgh for the onward journey.

I could go on, endlessly; BR is alive and well, but working in disguise.
--

Andrew