Old February 3rd 09, 11:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mike Mike is offline

Default Euston Station

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:49:32 -0000, "David Morgan"
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote in message
I think it's somehting like "Pur-kip-see".

"Pick-upsy", IIRC

Although I travelled through Poughkeepsie a few years ago the train wasn't
scheduled to stop so there was no announcement.

So my only reference is from the TV series Friends episode "The Girl from
Poughkeepsie" where it's pronounced "Pur-kip-see" as Adrian says

It's mentioned quite a few times by Gene Hackman in one scene from the
French Connection.