Old February 3rd 09, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

"John B" wrote ...
On Feb 3, 12:19 pm, "Andrew Heenan" wrote:
Bendies in Eastern Europe work fine on three inches of
packed ice throughout the winter without blaming accidents (should there
be
any) on global warming.

Don't they run with snow chains, tho'?

Not routinely, no.
On the BBC news yesterday, I saw a Russian bus tyre with steel studs, but
I'm pretty sure (tho not 100%) that even they are not daily wear on winter
buses - though I'd guess they'd be essential in hilly country!

But it's all by-the-by - the bus routes in London were very clear by
lunchtime yesteday; a bit of wet, some mild sleety snow and temperatures
about -1 to +1 degrees; in the normal stride of any bus.

--

Andrew

"If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z.
Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut." ~ Albert Einstein