Old February 3rd 09, 01:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil  Williams is offline

Default Euston Station

On 3 Feb, 14:13, Mark Goodge wrote:

Hmmm. I see your point, but I can't imagine any situation in which I'd
be likely to put it into practice. When I commuted by rail, my journey
home was essentially continuous (walk-tube-train-walk) with no more
than a few minutes wait at any point

Mine isn't, on purpose. I always aim to arrive at Euston about 10-15
minutes before the train I want to catch, as this pretty much
guarantees a seat of my preference (window side, near the front,
accessible seat for extra legroom).

However, it doesn't make a substantial difference to this if I'm there
9 or 10 minutes beforehand, and sometimes the train is delayed
anyway. If this is the case, it's a perfect time to pop into a shop
for something. I travel to/from the station by bike and carry a
rucksack rather than a briefcase, so it just fits in there.

OTOH, a diversion via Tesco on the way home would take 30 minutes or
so off my already-too-short evening.

Neil