Old February 3rd 09, 03:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Euston Station

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:14:54 on Tue,
3 Feb 2009, Paul Scott remarked:
Doesn't the ground floor in effect become part of the station?

Seems just to hold the adjacent part of the roof up, it is outside the
'curve' of the Western Concourse, and the Camden planning drawings suggest
it is 'outside the scope of these applications', and the responsibility of
Kings Cross Central (are they the developers of the railway lands?).

Looks as if it will have no public use, indeed there is no sign of any
direct access between the building and the concourse.

The concourse ground level will "merge through" the hotel ground floor, it
seems:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/images/5381_mh1.jpg

Which of course precludes demolishing the hotel. Hyperspace bypass or no
hyperspace bypass.

Interesting - that'll be why I could see no doors on the drawing I referred
to - they've taken them out!

Paul