Old February 3rd 09, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colum Mylod Colum Mylod is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:17:40 +0000, Stephen Furley
I call 020 7222 1234; it's still saying that due to the volume of calls no
information can be provided by 'phone, and suggests the website. On the
website there is a snow section which suggests various sources of
information, including the TfL website, which I'm already in and, yes you've
guessed it, calling 020 7222 1234.

The fix for this was to call 7222 1200 which has 1 for tubes, 2 for
buses. I needed both so it meant 2 calls as there's no way back from
"1" to "2", not * nor # nor 0.

Countdown was busy warning about unattended packages, and advising
peeps to call 7222 1234... No buses listed, no info to the odd waiting
soul that buses had gone for an all day sulk.

The whiteboards in HeathrowC and Hamm (P+D, the other one was closed
of course) had no info on what was up and what was down. Not like a
usual workday when they list all the daily drama.

This is clearly nothing like a normal service; why can't the web site give
more accurate information? When I arrived at work I looked for information
on those two specific routes, and was assured that they were operating
normally.

My flight was cancelled with 15 or so of us quaffing coffee (airline
version of). No info on baa.com nor the airlines' sites. In short, a
perfect demo of how the info age is not yet with us. Maybe one day
we'll get a 140 char Twitter-like improvement.
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com