Old February 3rd 09, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] Mait001@aol.com is offline

Default Pay as u Go Oystero

On Feb 3, 9:28�pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:51:52 +0000, martyn dawe

wrote:
Ii I get on a bus & the route is terminates before I get to my
destination, should I have to pass my card against the oyster card on
the 2nd bus to complete my journey ?

If the bus was always going to a destination short of where you were
going [1] then yes you do pay / swipe a second time. This is because it
was your decision to board a bus that was not going as far as you wanted
it to go.

If the bus is turned short while you are on it and you boarded with the
intention of just making one through trip then either you should be
transferred over to the following bus or be given a transfer note for
the driver on the next bus.

[1] i.e. it was clearly shown on the destination blind
--
Paul C

The last time I tried asking for a transfer credit note, as my bus was
short-terminated at Tottenham Court Road, the driver either didn't
know what I was talking about or thought I was just being "difficult".
When I threatened not to leave the bus until she issued me with one,
she threatened to call the Police!

Such is the level of poor training now widespread. I just couldn't be
bothered after a long day to stay and argue the point. In the end, I
just got off and went to the bus immediately behind, muttered
something about the bus ahead stopping short and the driver waved me
through!

On a previous occasion, when a Routemaster (route 11) was terminated
short, late at night at Chelsea World's End, I refused to get off
until the conductor gave me said note, and the bus was half way down
Beaufort Street whilst we continued the argument. Eventually, she
stopped the bus, and walked the whole way back with me to King's Road
and saw me onto a following 11, which she hailed down!

Marc.