Old February 3rd 09, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Heenan Andrew Heenan is offline

Default Pay as u Go Oystero

wrote :
If the bus is turned short while you are on it and you boarded with the
intention of just making one through trip then either you should be
transferred over to the following bus or be given a transfer note for
the driver on the next bus.

Sometimes they don't want to give you a transfer note, because their
stopping short is unofficial (I'm talking about evenings and weekends
here!). In one case, a fellow passenger called on us all to demand notes,
and the driver decided to take us though to our destination after all - I
think he realised the risk of being disciplined plus the time spent sorting
out a line of passengers wouldn't have made his extended break worth while.
Fine for me, I didn't need a note anyway, though my companion did.

That almost compensated me for the time the driver limped down the route,
allowing three buses to overtake, then turned short just three stops short
of the destination leaving us without a bus visible on the countdown
display!
--

Andrew