Old February 4th 09, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
zen83237 zen83237 is offline

Default All TfL buses suspended due to snow

"TroyTempest" wrote in message

In see, so the bus companies don't get insurance then.

Kevin

No they don't, Bus companies are self insured with a deposited bond under
the Road Traffic Act.

"1200 vehicles fully comp and any driver? How many under 25?"

Btw my post wasn't anti bendy as many of you have seem to have taken up,
but just an example of how a vehicle now has to travel "cross country" to
get to it's start point therefore increasing the likelihood of having an
accident before it's even started its official journey.

Just seems extremely odd that one of the world's major capitols, the world's
financial centre ground to halt because somebody decided it was unsafe and
there might be an accident and a claim. That is what insurance is for. Might
as well leave the buses in the garage 24/7 if that is the thinking.
For God's sake they ran the bus service through the blitz, now there is a
bit of snow and its Oh dear me, we can't ley the mammby pammby drivers out
in this, but they can have a snow ball fight. My milk was delivered without
any problems what so ever.

Kevin