Old February 4th 09, 12:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
plcd1 plcd1 is offline

Default New platforms at Stratford

On Feb 4, 12:10*pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
On 4 Feb, 11:43, Martin Petrov wrote:

Any hint of when they might open?

Easter, allegedly. NRE reports a closure on 10 April (Good Friday).

Easter is my understanding of when it is hoped to do the work. The
delay in getting this date is down to the fact that there are so many
closures already booked that affect the lines in the Stratford area.

Is someone getting their backsides kicked over the delay?

It's a DLR project and Network Rail are apparently the ones at fault,
so you'd hope so.

It is a NR caused delay - whether backsides are sore I could not
possibly say.

It will be interesting to see if this switchover is on the critical
path or whether there is programme float on the DLR works. I'm not
aware that there is any particular date that has been committed to in
2010 in terms of having the link in service. Obviously it has to be
running before the Olympics but there's plenty of time between 2010
and mid 2012.

Paul Corfield